The patented Jonard MS-316 Mid Span Slit and Ring Tool is made to provide easy access to optical fibers in outer jackets and buffer tubes. This is used for 2.9mm to 6.8mm groove sizes. One side of this slit and ring tool performs radial/ring cuts and the other side slits the cable. This Jonard tool is made from Jonard MS-6 and MS-26 Fiber Optic Mid Span Slitting Tools and added a ring feature to make it even more versatile.
Jonard MS-316 Features:
- Compact design weighing less than 2.5 oz with included tethering hole makes it perfect to use in tight spaces or on the go
- Consists of 6 precision slitting grooves and 6 precision ring grooves ranging in size from 2.9 mm to 6.8 mm
- Indicator line on top of the unit indicates the position of the blade for accurate slitting and ringing
- Replacement blade set available, part number: MS-306RB
- Blades last for 5,000 slits/cuts
- One side of the tool performs radial/ring cuts and the other side slits the cable (longitudinal cut)
- All of our MS Series Mid Span Tools are patented for their unique design and functionality. Our MS-426 won the 2019 Cabling Installation & Maintenance Gold award for innovation and our MS-6 won the same prestigious award in 2018!
Jonard MS-316 Applications:
- Cable & Wire Stripping
- Fiber Optic Tools